Monday, April 12, 2010

Some People's Kids

It is amazing just how much teenage boys can waste time that they can ill afford to lose. We have been in class for over 20 minutes and they have yet to do any work, mostly they have just sat there gabbing with each other and picking at things on/in their bodies. Major "ewwww" factor here.

Anyway, I wish I could convey to them that pissing away HS is a terrible thing - I look back at my time now as a total waste, in part because of the lame classes I took but also because of my desire for immediate gratification. eg: not doing classwork because it was more fun to BS.

"Huh, you know I can get an A+ in geometry and still fail this class."

"Dems crazy laak fo o' fie mufugas"

"I can't find my sheet so I can't do this work, so I figured I would just read this book."

"I'd rather live than learn."

"I'll just google it tonight."

"I can't imagine a world without shopping...."

"Why can't I listen to my Ipod during the test?"

"Can I take this call? It's long distance!"

These are just some of the things I've heard since I began substitute teaching. Here's one that I heard second hand and it's just TOO good not to post. Let me set the stage first, the assistant principal is dealing with a chronically tardy, absent and confrontational girl. She is being very antagonistic and after the AP asks/says something she didn't like she stormed at him, "You can just suck my imaginary man cock!"

Okay, how can you respond to something like this? OMG what a little shit! With language skills and imagination like that I foresee a future in the adult entertainment industry for this little girl, not necessarily a bright future, maybe as an extra in a group grope!

Oh well, tomorrow's another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment